Skip to content

Global Warming = Global Warning

I finally got around to renting the DVD “An Inconvenient Truth.” It was really an eye opener, and quite interesting. A major ecological change might be closer at hand than you think. I am definitely going to try and do my part to reduce my Carbon Footprint. I’ve started by switching my light bulbs to energy efficient bulbs, and making changes around the house. There’s still a lot more that we can do.

For more information, visit: http://www.climatecrisis.net

Posted in General.

6 Responses

1. Steve says

I enjoyed the movie as well, however this report came out after (which Al Gore dodged the question unfortuantely, but an interesting read anyhow)

2. Peter Foti says

I’ll have to give it a read when I have some time. Either way, though, I feel like it certainly can’t hurt to be more environmentally friendly, whereas the opposite might not be true. That is, if I reduce my carbon footprint, that’s either a good thing or a neutral thing, but if I *increase* my carbon footprint, that’s either a bad thing or a neutral thing, so I’d rather err on the overly cautious side. 🙂

3. Steve says

Oh, I completely agree with you 100%, It was just disconcerting that we were given some misleading information which was later confirmed by Al Gore (So I read)

4. Peter Foti says

I read that blog. He presents some interesting information, though being that it is only a blog, I don’t know how accurate it is. The blog argues that an increase in CO2 is caused by an increase in temperature, not the other way around. It sounds feasible, though couldn’t it also be possible that both conditions feed off each other? A Catch 22?

For example, what if the increase in temperature leads to an increase in CO2 (by means of the oceans not storing the CO2), but then the increase in CO2 leads to an increased Greenhouse effect which leads to even more increase in temperature?

I don’t think it can be argued that the strength of the greenhouse effect changes when human activity increases the atmospheric concentrations of some greenhouse gases. It might very well be possible that the increased CO2 found in past ice core samples was caused by an increase in temperature (or that there was a Catch 22 scenario). But that doesn’t mean that an increase in CO2 from human activity (burning fossil fuels, etc.) will not lead to more rapid heating of the planet via the Greenhouse effect. Therefore, the end result is the same.

5. Steve says

The blog was based on other information that I couldn’t find the link for (I pasted the first link I found) This all started in an interview done with Al Gore where the reporter (from mainstream media) brought this up and Al dodged the question.

6.  Desk Antiques says

it seems that the only solution to global warming is the reduction of CO2 and CFCs;:-

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.